Image shown is indicative only; colors, shapes and sizes as well as settings, if applicable, may differ from the picture shown.
NOTE: When ordering your crystal, please indicate in the "Special Instructions" area of the shopping cart, your preference for shape, size, color, etc.
Serpentine - General
- A member of the quartz family
- Can be found in green, black-green, brown-red, brown-yellow, and white.
- Sometimes also includes a net-like webbing of magnetite.
- The light green serpentine is said to have been one of the stones used in the breastplate of the high priest.
- Helps cleanse the charkas, and to stimulate the crown chakra.
- An excellent stone for enhancing the meditative state.
- Therefore, this stone can be of benefit in the DNA healing work.
- Said to be useful in the rise of the Kundalini. It is thought to stimulate an opening in the pathway through which the Kundalini may travel, and to lessen the discomfort which is sometimes associated with this movement. It is believed that placement of serpentine at the crown chakra provides a drawing force conducive to initiating the movement of Kundalini.
- Has been used in the treatment of physical disease including diabetes and hypoglycemia, to eliminate parasitic infestations within the body, and to increase the absorption of calcium and magnesium. Is believed to be helpful in assisting disorders in all areas of the body, the emotional system, and the mental structure (conscious direction of the energies toward the problem is required). Can balance the hormonal system. Healing and balancing for the female reproductive system, with PMS, with menstrual cramps. Can be helpful if pregnant, keeping mother and fetus in alignment, and reduces risk of birth defects.
- Vibrates to the number 8.
- In general, serpentine it thought to have the same healing effect as jade. The green serpentine, for example, like green jade, is helpful in creating a mood of tranquility and peacefulness, helping one to find inner peace more easily. Good for counteracting depression.
- Serpentine is thought to assist with a focus on martyrdom. It can ease one's sense of being victimized by others or by one's circumstances. Reduces feelings of helplessness.
- Available in obelisks and other shapes.